What paperwork should I bring with me?

  • Driver’s Licence or State-Issued ID
  • Forms W-2 for wages, salaries and tips.
  • All Forms 1099 for interest, dividends, retirement, miscellaneous income, Social Security, state or local refunds, gambling winnings, etc.
  • Brokerage statements showing investment transactions for stocks, bonds, etc.
  • Schedule K-1 from partnerships, S corporations, estates and trusts.
  • Statements supporting educational expenses, deductions, or distributions, including any Forms 1098-T, 1098-E, or 1099-Q.
  • All Forms 1095-A for the advance payment of the Premium Tax Credit for lower-cost healthcare coverage under healthcare.gov.
  • All Forms 1095-B or C for proof of Health Insurance Coverage.
  • Statements supporting deductions for mortgage interest, taxes, and charitable contributions (including any Form 1098-C).
  • Copies of closing statements regarding the sale or purchase of real property.
  • Legal papers for adoption, divorce, or separation involving custody of your dependent children.
  • Any tax notices sent to you by the IRS or other taxing authority.
  • A copy of your income tax return from last year, if not prepared by this office.

How do I check my refund?

You can check the status of your refund at either the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services (DRS) Taxpayer Service Center (TSC) or the IRS refunds website.
State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
IRS Refunds